[PLUG] Linux users out in them-thar hills (w/ OT)

Brian Derr bderr at myrealbox.com
Fri Oct 24 19:49:02 UTC 2003

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 05:28:36PM -0700, AthlonRob wrote:
> I don't see anything wrong with target practice, it's good fun.  I don't
> think many folks out in the boonies use BB guns, though.  I think most
> folks learn to fire with .22's.  And 12-guages for skeet shooting.  :-)

You folks count yourselves lucky that guns can be found in your area.
I moved to CT last year and let me tell you, guns are basically
outlawed.  Fortunately I brought my rifle and shotgun with me so I
didn't have to have all the whack-O's staring at me as I buy a shiny
new gun.

In order to buy a pistol in this state you have to pay fees up the
wazzoo just to get a permit to buy a pistol.  You can't purchase one
until you have a permit (which requires photos and fingerprints!!!)
AHHHG!  I'm going to implode soon...

A very tired of the liberals,

Brian

--
We are solar powered; we are powered by the Son.  -- Doug Rowse, 2003

If God were small enough to fit into my head He wouldn't be big enough
to worship.  -- Brett Meador, 2002