[PLUG] Can't install lilo

Matthias A renderer85 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 24 21:43:01 UTC 2003

I'm trying to install slackware on a machine I have here.
The installer will see my SCSI drive, but won't immediately treat it as the
target installation. cfdisk, for instance, will try to edit the partition
table of the CD-ROM, which ... won't work. =)
I can both read from and write to the drive. The requisite partition is
marked bootable (A large ReiserFS partition). The drive is not out of space
when I try to install lilo.
What's going on? The installer wouldn't let me write lilo to a bootable
floppy, either. Is my installation media corrupted?

Matthias

Never get a busy signal because you are always connected  with high-speed
Internet access. Click here to comparison-shop providers.
https://broadband.msn.com