[PLUG] SPICE3 and Linux

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Fri Oct 24 22:18:02 UTC 2003

 http://sourceforge.net/projects/ngspice .

Colin wrote:
>What do you use for a waveform viewer?

Keith Lofstrom replies:
Me, I use Smartspice as mentioned.  I fiddled with ng-spice just enough to
make sure it compiled and ran.  I don't know whether it comes with a
waveform viewer, or whether it works better with gwave.  For these and
other GNU electronic cad tools, there are pointers at
http://www.geda.seul.org/
Also check:   http://www.mrc.uidaho.edu/cgi-bin/w3-msql/vlsi/CADfree.html

Probably the most interesting of these is Icarus Verilog.  I'm not a logic
designer, but I do need an HDL simulator from time to time.  There are also
some open source logic blocks out there.

I am interested in good schematic drawing packages to replace Orcad.
I hope to get time someday to look at gschem.

Keith

--
Keith Lofstrom           keithl at ieee.org         Voice (503)-520-1993