[PLUG] Handling Caught Spam

Jack Morgan jack at bonyari.com
Sat Oct 25 10:46:02 UTC 2003

On Sat, Oct 25, 2003 at 05:12:47PM +0000, Jon Jacob wrote:
> With my current promailrc file, procmail creates the file
> $HOME/mail/caughtmail and then appends it.  There is no folder.  If I

If you want procmail to create a Maildir folder instead of a mbox files
add a trailing / like so...

:0
* ^Contect-Type:.*html
$MAILDIR/junk/

> send the mail to $HOMEDIR/evolution/local/caughtspam then files called
> msg.<WHATEVER> are put there.  In either case, I cannot read them with
> Evolution.  What I want is a general solution for all users, regardless
> of the mail client they use.

I don't use evolution so this is only a guess.. I'd try creating a new
account in evolution then have procmail forward mail to that accounts
folder. Something like your $HOMEDIR/evolution/local/caughtspam.

--
Jack Morgan
pub  1024D/620F545F 2002-06-18 Jack Morgan <jack at bonyari.com>