[PLUG] Red Hat routing follies

Mike De La Mater mikedela at theplatinumrule.com
Sun Oct 26 20:31:02 UTC 2003

10/26/03 7:21:35 PM, Carla Schroder <carla at bratgrrl.com> wrote:

>Wut the heck is going on here? How did eth1 get all the goodies? where did
>169.254.0.0 come from?

Just to be sure, is there any possibility that there's any DHCP signal getting
into your subnet? Maybe it's a "feature" from win, you know the one where it
shuffles all resources until win can't boot.

For this reason, I really like to use two different nics for this. I don't know
if it's a RH thing, but it's just easier to use different brands. I've been happy
with generic realtek 8139 cards for the secondary.

Mike De La Mater
Small business networks and technology consulting
503-702-6749
mikedela at ipns.com