[PLUG] SysV networking

Mark Morgan lemming at quirkyqatz.com
Mon Oct 27 10:02:01 UTC 2003

Jeff Blain said:
> How do I setup networking on a System V/88 Unix system running on a
> Motorola Series 900?

I think I used one of those things back in '95 though we were migrating at
the time to an HP..

>From what you describe, networking hasn't been enabled.
Had this machine been connected before at some point?

> Also, when I plug the ethernet onto a switch, the switch light shows a
> connection, as well as the ethernet light on the front of the motorola
> light up.

That means that the HW is probably working.  If you can't get it up and
going, I'd be willing to swing by for a late afternoon or early evening
frustration of fiddling.  I'm pretty sure it's feasible to get going and
it's probably going to come down to a few things:
1. The proper drivers aren't there.
2. Something hasn't been started.
3. It's probably somewhere in a manual.

--