[PLUG] Linux From Scratch (LFS) anyone

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Tue Oct 28 12:53:01 UTC 2003

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Rich Shepard wrote:

>   As a recent convert I ask, why not Slackware?

You know my first distribution was slackware - circa 1993 - but it was too
geeky after I tried Redhat (3.0.3) and so I never went back.  Like you
Rich I prefer being a user.  I'll look at it again.

To all the rest of you that replied as of this message many thanks.  I
looked at Gentoo but not sure I want to make the shift from a SysV to a
BSD style system.  I never quite grokked the system startup/shutdown as
well as I did with SysV.
   Debian bothers me too much with what appears to be a slow release cycle
and that there looks like only two versions.  Stable, with older versions
of many applications, and unstable with a blood all over the place feel.

So I'm still looking/thinking on it.

Again thanks to all for your input.

Rod