[PLUG] OpenOffice Compile

Mark Morgan lemming at quirkyqatz.com
Tue Oct 28 15:42:01 UTC 2003

AthlonRob said:

> IIRC, the OpenOffice ebuild strips cflags *because* it is such a
> terrible thing to build.

I think you might be right.  I also tried a build outside of portage and
that one failed in a different way.
The Binary installed easily enough, though I did 'setup -net' and was
having a bit of a trouble with the local setups until I got rid of the old
config files.  It also helped to install the sun-sdk instead of
blackdown's java.
Now that it's working, it's working well.  (Oh, the binary ebuild isn't at
1.1 yet though that'll probably change in the next week.)

I probably won't try the actual compile now for a few months.  Waiting 12+
hours for the compile isn't that fun.

--
Mark
http://www.kittydream.org - House of Dreams Cat Shelter