[PLUG] Linux From Scratch (LFS) anyone

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Tue Oct 28 19:24:01 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-28 at 18:53, Mark McKinstry wrote:

> >   As a recent convert I ask, why not Slackware?
>
> Didn't think of it when I wrote the message :). I have experince in the 3
> OSs I listed but have never tried Slackware.

Slackware is a whole other beast... I really like it, it's the first
Linux I actually had do what I wanted to do.

Slackware's just Linux.  It isn't like Debian or RedHat with all their
frilly stuff.  You configure stuff by editing config files, not
navigating through some odd GUI-based utility.

If you were thinking about LFS.. give Slackware a shot.

Rob