[PLUG] Wireless network card

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Thu Oct 30 14:52:02 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 09:38, Ed Sawicki wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 09:13, Brent Rieck wrote:

> > http://www.linux-wlan.org/docs/wlan_adapters.html might do the trick.
>
> What does "mini-PCI" mean in the table?

Laptops have 'miniPCI' slots in 'em, where mini-PCI cards go.

AFAIK, these mini PCI cards work just like a full sized PCI card,
they're just made small enough to fit into a laptop.

My laptop's ethernet card is actually a miniPCI card.  I could, in
theory, pull it out and replace it with a different one, I think.
Although, I really don't see any reason to do such a crazy thing.  :-)

Rob