[PLUG] running a mixed Debian system

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Thu Oct 30 16:58:01 UTC 2003

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003, Carla Schroder wrote:
> Any particular issues with running a mixed stable/testing system? Or
> testing/unstable? Can the unwary user get sucked into Dependency Hell
> Slough, or does it generally work OK?

Either I don't get it or this doesn't make sense.

Seems to me that you're going to get the highest version of each package
regardless of what deprecated versions you're putting in your apt-cache
with them old sources.

What's the point of keeping the stable sources in your sources.list if
you've got the testing sources there?

Since unstable STARTS as a copy of stable and then becomes testing, you
shouldn't have anything in stable that isn't in testing.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin
    jeme at brelin.net