[PLUG] web based news feeds

Paul Mullen pem at nellump.net
Fri Oct 31 12:28:01 UTC 2003

On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 09:03:30PM -0800, Sasha Romanosky wrote:

> Does anyone know of a great web based news feed app/script for linux?
> I'd like something that I can cron every 6 hours or so to pull

I wouldn't call it a "favorite" (it's still rough around the edges), but
Straw is a decent GTK2-based RSS aggregator (I assume this is what you
mean by "news feed" app). AFAIK, it does *not* have any command-line
flags that would make it scriptable. It's written in Python, though, so
if you're a good Py-hacker you might be able to tweak it to do what you
want. :-)

Paul