[PLUG] [Fwd: Verify plug-admin at lists.pdxlinux.org for dduncan at hexi.com]

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Tue Sep 2 09:10:03 UTC 2003

Paul Johnson wrote:
> Email is called email because it equates better to the postal system.
> Anybody can send you mail, that's the whole point.

However, I PAY FOR THE INBOUND BANDWIDTH, so I reserve the right to
block those I feel need blocking.

Do you employ any spam limiting software? Even rules in your MUA? Then
what's the difference?

With the USPS, the junk mail senders pay for the postage. There's no
direct cost to me, beyond sorting through a few (less than 50 a month)
unwanted advertisements.

With spam, I am currently receiving over 200 per day. I am very nearly
at my limit and am comptemplating installing a challenge/response filter
myself.

Here's an idea.. would you mind if I have my MTA forward all spam to
you? By your own rules, you should happily accept it...

I didn't think so...

--
Russ Johnson
Stargate Online