[PLUG] Logging STDOUT to file

Evan Heidtmann clydefrog at adnap.no-ip.com
Tue Sep 2 22:15:02 UTC 2003

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a way to have everything I see on the screen sent to a
file at the same time that it is displayed. In other words, I want to
log all screen output to a file.

I was alerted to the possiblity of such functionality by a very old
Tektronix document describing how to do it on their UNIX system:

Sends screen output to printer

1. Login to your account
2. Assign *filename* sys$output
3. Type out your commands
4. Deassign sys$output
5. Print *filename*

The assign and deassign commands were ass and deass and had something to
do with tape drives.  They do not exist on my system.

If the above system worked, all I would need would be steps 1-4.

Thanks,
Evan