[PLUG] Many CVS questions

Anthony Schlemmer aschlemm at comcast.net
Tue Sep 2 22:41:02 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 02 September 2003 19:45 pm, Evan Heidtmann wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I am in the process of configuring CVS on my server. I am not using
> CVS for any reason other than it's the only thing I had heard of in
> the open source area. Here are my requirements for the source control
> system:
>
> 1. It must have a simple interface. WinCVS works fine, but command
> line tools won't suffice (it will be used by other people that do not
> have (or want to have) any linux experience).

For Linux I use the "gcvs" client which is a GTK+ interface written by
the same group that does WinCVS. We use use WinCVS on Windows clients
and either "gcvs" or command-line "cvs" on our Linux systems. "gcvs"
isn't quite the same as WinCVS but it's similar enough. I mainly use
"gcvs" for browing code snapshots on my system and then use emacs as my
real CVS client when I'm actively cutting code and commiting changes to
the repository.