[PLUG] Video card with TV Out

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Wed Sep 3 04:50:02 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003, Vincent Yau wrote:
> I am thinking about replacing my existing video card with a new one that
> has TV out option so that I can broadcast some movies/videos from my
> Linux box directly to my TV.  Most likely, I will be using Xine or
> RealPlayer on Linux.
>
> My question is, what are some of the better video cards with TV out
> option that has has good Linux support from the vendor?  I am not up
> with all the latest happenings in the video card area.  The last time I
> bought a new video card, I bought one made by Matrox which I am still
> using..  I am pretty happy with it.

My card isn't NEW, exactly, but I like it heaps and it does a stellar job
of TVOut.

It's a Matrox G400 DualHead card with a TVOut dongle.

The only annoying thing is that there is no Back End Scaler on the second
head, so you can't just say "mplayer -fs" on the second head and get
scaled video full-screen without other performance hits.

Oh, yeah, I use mplayer for TVOut.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin