[PLUG] Saving bandwidth...

Michael C. Robinson michael at goose.robinson-west.com
Wed Sep 3 16:16:01 UTC 2003

If you scan email for spam at an ISP of other ISP's you save bandwidth
from that ISP to the target(s).  I'm figuring the messages have to clear
text for an ISP to scan them, hence the privacy questions.  The only
obvoius magic bullet I can think of is to throw anything out that has
any forged address in it.  The sooner an email is discarded on route
to a destination, the more bandwidth there is, hence where scanning it
can be part of saving bandwidth even though that means it has been
transmitted somewhere.

    --  Michael