[PLUG] Saving bandwidth...

Jeff Schwaber freyley at gmx.net
Fri Sep 5 02:02:02 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-09-05 at 01:56, Paul Johnson wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 01:51:00AM -0700, Jeff Schwaber wrote:
> > > Then you *do* have SMTP servers for all those accounts, you're just
> > > using your ISP's to send instead.
> >
> > No, I do not.
>
> Then you do you recieve the mail?  Mail doesn't just magically arrive
> someplace.  8:o)

You're misunderstanding.

Yes, there is an SMTP server associated with that server. Yes, I receive
email through an SMTP server, very indirectly. But directly, for sending
email, I have NO ACCESS, to the SMTP server. I get my mail through POP
or IMAP. To send an email from this email address, I have to use another
system's SMTP server.

Jeff