[PLUG] MS Access Equivalent

david pool dpool at hevanet.com
Fri Sep 5 10:13:08 UTC 2003

Cliff Wells wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-09-04 at 21:08, Steve Jorgensen wrote:

>>I'm done adding to this thread now, and sorry for the excessive OT posting.
>
> Sigh.  Okay, me too.  But is this group really that sensitive?  Have you
> guys tried usenet?

Some of the Uber-sensitive folks moved over to PdxLug, but yes there are
still plenty of OT sensitive folks on this list. I suppose what annoys
me the most is the amount of bandwidth that ends up being wasted by
people saying "This is sooooo off topic, blah, blah, blah, take it off
list: Is not: Is too: IS NOT: IS TOO...etc". The irony slays me.

Which isn't to say people don't stray off topic, but it's just not that
hard to ignore a thread (IMHO). Occasionally a designated list admin has
stepped in to ask that a thread be moved off line, but that's
exceedingly rare.

david