[PLUG] Re: Creating vector plots: xfig? sketch? Something else?

Mark Martin mmartin at u.washington.edu
Fri Sep 5 11:50:02 UTC 2003

On Friday 05 September 2003 09:40, Rich Shepard wrote:
>   Hokay, xfig will do the job. As a matter of fact, the new X-spline
> routine (that's replaced the former B-spline and Bezier-spline) is
> absolutely ideal for my needs. I can change the curve response on a
> point-by-point basis to get exactly the shape I need.
>
>   Excelsior!
>
> Rich

Hey Rich,

I missed your question in all of the recent shouting about Access and the
absolute superiority of some distros over others.  You might also take a look
at Xmgrace, which descended from Xmgr.  It is available at

http://plasma-gate.weizmann.ac.il/Grace/

It has very nice features, is more polished than Xfig (which I also like very
much), and gives you complete control over your plots.  But I haven't played
with the spline feature and can't say whether it will satisfy your needs.

Mark
Mark A. Martin, Ph.D.
Applied Mathematics -- Software Development -- Systems Administration
Currently available for employment.
See http://www.amath.washington.edu/~mmartin/resume/ for details.