[PLUG] Hostile Targets (was Verify plug-admin at ...)

Daggett, Steve Steve.Daggett at fiserv.com
Fri Sep 5 15:47:01 UTC 2003

Jeff Schwaber:
> > I was there once.  Make yourself a hostile target and report
> > spammers.  I got my users to report spam themselves (and if they're
> > lazy, forwarding me their spam), my site is a pretty hostile target.
> > Spammers learn, though slowly.
>
> You know, I vaguely remember there being a law against sending spam in
> Oregon or Washington, not sure which, but I thought it was Oregon, and
> there being stories of people successfully getting checks for
> $300-$500
> out of spamming companies by sending them letters threatening
> to sue in
> small claims court. Anyone know anything about this? I have
> the time, i could go after spammers...

  Make yourself a *really* hostile target, *and* find a rewarding, well
paying, socially active hobby.  Sue the spammers!

Zen and the art of small claims

  "This guide is written for those who want to better the world and the self
through lawsuits. It focuses on filing small claims against telemarketers
who use recorded calls, junk faxers and a large percentage of spammers."

http://www.smallclaim.info/

Steve D...