[PLUG] Updating PHP in RedHat 7.3

Paul Lankow paul at lankow.net
Sun Sep 7 07:40:03 UTC 2003

Carla,

> And Libranet, Xandros etc. take the pain out of installation.

Because of your article months ago in Computer bits, I downloaded and
install Libranet 2.0, and I've recently gotten 2.7-Classic. My machine
triple-bots Redhat 8, ELX, and Libranet. My problem is with mounting NFS
shares. The /etc/fstab files are identical in all three, with respect the
the NFS references. In RH and ELX, they mount almost instantly. In
Libranet, they mount, but only after many minutes and error messages:

Portmap: Server localhost is not respondig, timed out
Lockd_up: makesock failed, error=-5
Portmap: Server localhost is not respondig, timed out
Locked_up: no pid, 2 users??
Portmap: Server localhost is not respondig, timed out
Locked_up: no pid, 3 users??
Portmap: Server localhost is not respondig, timed out
Locked_up: no pid, 4 users??

and continues on for each share. I can ping the server just fine and my
Internet connection is good, suggesting the nic is set up OK. I've
install Libranet on two machines and they both experience this behavior.
Any ideas?

Thanks!
Paul

PS: I posted this to the Libranet mailing list as well.

Many people have gone further than they
thought they could because someone else
thought they could.    --Unknown