[PLUG] FW: Would like to get operating B4 Sep. 20, if poss.???

Kyle Accardi sandbox at pacifier.com
Tue Sep 9 13:05:12 UTC 2003

da.haole.boy wrote:
> While installing from the 2 CD's, my mouse died.  This happened after
> the manual configure screen where I set my monitor resolution & printer
> configuration correction.  I was trying to configure my sound card when
> I evidently hit the mouse button too quick...

Since Mandrake & Red Hat are supposedly similiar, my guess is that the
installer waits to the very end to write to the mbr and set up the
bootloader.  This happened to me the other day when installing RH 8.0 (bad
media).

I usually skip setting up X and sound until the OS is up and running.  Too
many times the installer barfs on those two things and you need to
reinstall.  Suspect that's what you'll have to do as well.

--
Kyle Accardi