[PLUG] Possible worm, the attachment is the text source listing of the email in question.

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Thu Sep 11 10:09:02 UTC 2003

Randall Hansen wrote:
> AFAIK, for Outlook and Outlook Express, previewing and viewing of
> messages are handled by the same IE control -- there's literally no
> difference, just different window dressing.  It's very different for
> messages whose attack is triggered by attachment execution, but that's
> another issue.

It was my understanding that the preview pane (pain?) does NOT behave
the same as when you "open" a message.

Here's a reference: http://itrain.org/itinfo/2000/it000506.html

<quote>
Microsoft reports an alternative to this process is to not open incoming
email messages, to read them in the AutoPreview or Preview Pane.
</quote>

--
Russ Johnson
Stargate Online