[PLUG] Donald... & "Would like to get operating B4 Sep. 20"

da.haole.boy drcaldwell at cablerocket.com
Thu Sep 11 18:12:01 UTC 2003

Kyle & Jeff, your re-install suggestion did the trick.  Being the
"Chicken that I am", I put the boot loader on a floppy, though, for now.
 I pretty much used a default install, except did manually get the Video
card & monitor set correctly.  I put the boot loader on a floppy as I
didn't know if it would cause a future problem (with it on the Win2k hhd
or if Win2k would be accessible if it were on the Linux hhd.  Thank you
both for your assistance.

Belarc's Advisor says my sound card is Creative's AWE64 16-bit Audio
(SB16 compatible) with AWE64 Wavetable MIDI (AWE32 compatible).  I
believe this is a PCI bus card, but the only options I saw when in the
post install were ISA & something other than PCI (that dis ol' dog can't
remember).  What need I do to configure this?

Respectfully, Dave

P.S.:  Donald's main street extends across I-5 elevated, rather than
passing under it, about a mile south of the Aurora/Donald I-5 exit.  :-)
 Feller Road is the one that passes under I-5.  The Donald Cafe is under
different ownership, but still turns out a "country-sized" breakfast
that keeps the house packed.  Never plan on a "quick" meal there...  :-)
 but it is sumptuous!!!  Donald population EXCEEDs Aurora, now.  :-)