[PLUG] inetd

Ed Sawicki ed at alcpress.com
Fri Sep 12 10:15:03 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-11 at 22:43, Wil Cooley wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-09-11 at 10:18, Ed Sawicki wrote:
>
> > 4. inetd does have some problems and I don't like the silly syntax
> >    of the xinetd configuration files - especially the disable=yes
> >    nonsense. If I wanted to launch daemons on demand I'd use
> >    Bernstein's tools.
>
> You could always use 'enable=no' instead :)

I didn't realize that would work - unless you're joking and
it can't be done. I decided early on that I didn't like
xinetd so I immediately looked for an alternative. Sometimes
abandoning software based on first impressions is the wrong
thing to do. I did that with grub early on and later found out
how powerful it is.

Ed