[PLUG] First Meeting of TeX, LaTex, etc. Enthusiasts - CORRECTION

david pool dpool at hevanet.com
Sat Sep 13 17:56:02 UTC 2003

Ed Sawicki wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-09-13 at 13:21, david pool wrote:
>
>>Ed Sawicki wrote:
>>

>>>We'll decide then whether to meet at a more convenient place and time
>>>in the future.
>>
>>There might be some self selection going on there. As the Novell site is
>>so inconvenient to some folks, like myself, they won't be there to
>>suggest that something in Portland would be more convenient.
>

> I chose Novell's office for the first venue because of the
> free parking, built-in video projector, plenty of seats,
> and Internet access. If you know of such a venue that is more
> centrally located to those that might attend, please arrange it.

The Urban Grind has all of those qualities and is within walking
distance of my house. So obviously that's preferable to me (and most
people who live in close-in portland.) I appreciate that Novell is
supportive of OSS. I was recently at a Portland Extreme Programmers
meeting out there. Nice facility.

Thanks for the invitation to arrange things, I'm sure I'll do that, but
you go ahead with the Latex etc. meeting. I simply wanted to point out
the self selecting aspect of your plan.