[PLUG] Re: mailq problem

Keith Morse kgmorse at mpcu.com
Sun Sep 14 23:41:01 UTC 2003

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003, Billy Dimaculangan wrote:

> we're using postfix, how do i read the mails that is stuck in the mailq..

One way, use any of the mail id's found in the first column of mailq
output and search for it like this.

find /var/spool/postfix/ | grep 0E9AAAD0F

On my system, I found a file in /var/spool/postfix/deferred/0/E/0E9AAAD0F
with an entry of: (using ls -l)

-rwx------ 1 postfix  postfix 5467 Sep 15  2003 /var/spool/postfix/deferred/0/E/0E9AAAD0F

Use a text pager like more or less and view the contents.

less /var/spool/postfix/deferred/0/E/0E9AAAD0F

be carefull of non-readable ASCII characters due to mime encodings.