[PLUG] Perl / Javascript question

Matt Alexander m at pdxlug.org
Tue Sep 16 16:01:01 UTC 2003

I have a Javascript popup window where the user chooses some settings and
then clicks submit.  After submitting, the form vars are sent to a perl
script that saves the vars as cookies on the user's box.  I would like the
popup window to close when they click submit, so I added
onsubmit="window.close()", but when I do this the cookies are no longer
set.  It's as if the window is closed before the perl script is called.
Any suggestions on how to fix this?  I know I could just set the cookies
with Javascript, but I'm curious about how to make this way work.
Thanks,
~M