[PLUG] consumer v. enterprise disk drives

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Wed Sep 17 23:55:03 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 22:49, Galen Seitz wrote:
> To follow up on something I mentioned at tonight's meeting, here's an
> article which describes differences between consumer and enterprise
> disk drives.  I seem to recall seeing this mentioned on the list
> earlier, but here it is again for those who missed it.
>
> http://www.seagate.com/content/docs/pdf/whitepaper/D2c_More_than_Interface_ATA_vs_SCSI_042003.pdf
>

> Here's another interesting paper.
> http://www.acmqueue.org/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=46

Thanks Galen; looks pretty informative.  I'm sure reading it will help
me get to sleep tonight :)  Anyone else not able to print page 7 on the
first doc?  I get errors in GhostScript and gv.  If I print-to-file 1-6
and 8-13, it works just fine.

Wil
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc
* * * * Linux, UNIX, Networking and Security Solutions * * * *
*     Tired of spam and viruses in your e-mail?  Get the     *
* Naked Ape Mail Defender! http://nakedape.cc/r/maildefender *