[PLUG] postfix, virtual domains, and the ghost in the machine.

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Fri Sep 19 20:17:01 UTC 2003

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003, Jeme A Brelin wrote:
> Near as I can tell, the domains are configured identically... and,
> again, they BOTH WORK FINE when I mail from here (brelin.net, my house).

HA!

I found it!

I started reading PLUG to clear my head and NOT think about my mail
problem and I read the thread about mail to uce at ftc.gov not going through
properly... and then y'all go on to talk about the output for `host -t mx`
for the domain.

So I check the MX records on these domains, and SURE ENOUGH, the failing
domain has the wrong mail exchanger... and the MX host is a hostname that
resolves to the right address on my network, but not to the outside world!

I'm SURE that's going to solve it.

Is this going to take time to propogate?

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin
    jeme at brelin.net