[PLUG] Renaming photo files

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Mon Sep 22 13:03:02 UTC 2003

>>>>> "Dirk" == Dirk Ouellette <hapibeli at comcast.net> writes:

Dirk> I now understand why the same photos show up when I mount
Dirk> /dev/sda1, my Olympus camera. The file numbers are always the
Dirk> same in the camera, So how would I rename all photos in a
Dirk> directory in one command to make room for the new photos?

As the many answers indicate, there are many solutions to this
problem.

The one I adopted is just to create a new directory for each camera
download.  The directory is named with a date in YYYYMMDD format.  If
I download the camera more than once in a day, I append a letter 'b',
'c', 'd', and so on to distinguish them.  The camera seems to notice
when it's been cleared and starts renumbering from zero again.

--
Russell Senior         ``shtal latta wos ba padre u prett tu nashtonfi
seniorr at aracnet.com      mrlosh''  -- Bashgali Kafir for ``If you have