[PLUG] postfix question

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Mon Sep 22 13:46:02 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 13:38, Brent Rieck wrote:
> Adding an alias that pipes to a program works like a charm, sorta..
> The program runs fine from the command line when I pipe a raw email to
> it but won't execute when invoked by postfix, bouncing back with this
> message: "Command died with status 1:"
>
> Does anybody know why this might be happening?

It sounds like your filter might be exiting with a non-zero return
value.  Try 'echo $?' right after running it by hand to see.  If that's
the case and the filter is written to return 1 on normal exit, you can
write a little shell wrapper that runs the program and checks it's
return value, returning 0 instead of 1 on normal exit.

Wil
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc
* * * * * * * Good, fast and cheap: Pick all 3! * * * * * * *
*   Naked Ape Consulting                http://nakedape.cc  *