[PLUG] text file for procmail lookups

Mike De La Mater mikedela at ipns.com
Wed Sep 24 10:33:02 UTC 2003

I'm pretty happy with my spamassassin and procmail filtering for spam,
but from time to time, I want to add addresses to my procmailrc.

They're always in the same header, so I was thinking it would be nice to
have my procmailrc look up values in a file. Is this possible? I'm not a
programmer and don't play one on TV. There's nothing that I can find in
man procmailrc. for an example. I'm sure I'd need a variable declaration
somewhere, but I have no idea how to proceed. I was thinking something
like this:

VARIABLE=/etc/BADSPAMMERS
:0H
* ^Received:. *.<VARIABLE>
/var/spool/mail/procmailspam/

This way I can just pop the offending domain, like "picaper.com" into
the /etc/BADSPAMMERS file and they're instantly nailed the next time
mail comes from them.

--
Mike De La Mater
Small Business Networks and Consulting