[PLUG] Filling in an input type="file" field with the contents of a cookie

Holger Stephan holger at selover.net
Thu Sep 25 12:09:01 UTC 2003

Matt,

I don't know of an easy solution. For a product I've done in the past I
used an ActiveX component and a Java applet. But they have to be signed
with a code signing certificate (or the user puts up with the warning
messages).

In order to give my family a means to upload a set of pictures to our
web album I gave them rsync and a Windows batch file. Here is a page
that explains the installation: http://selover.net/postpictures/.
Actually, they also get a SSH certificate and now they can upload
without login (not included in the download of above instructions). The
pictures are put into a designated folder on the client and double click
on a shortcut uploads them without further interaction. Not pretty but
dead simple to use.

Holger