[PLUG] Can anyone rationally explain Open Office Presentor Stlye behavoir?

Zot O'Connor zot at whiteknighthackers.com
Mon Sep 29 18:13:02 UTC 2003

[I am using ximian's rc4 of 1.1, but this happens all the time to every
version I have used.]

So I make a set of slides.

I use outline mode.

When I indent the outline level it changes the style (makes text
smaller).
When I modify the style, it modifies the text.

[This step may or may not be important]
Then I create a new slide.
I attempt to copy the slides from file 1 (open) to 2
It crashes

Now I save 1 as v3, and start to edit.

Now all the fonts are willy nilly.
When in outline mode, it uses the last font for the outline.  So if I am
sitting on the slide title, hit return, hit move right/indent/move in
outline, it stays at the title font, size, and attributes.  I can modify
the styles in present, which now have no bearing on the text.  If I
indent, it changes the bullet, but not the style.

More often than not I cannot click on fill format mode (paint bucket).
I read the help which says:

        Applies the selected style to an object on your slide. Click the
        paint bucket icon and then click an object in your slide to
        apply the style. Click the paint bucket icon again to exit this
        mode.

This does not appear to be true....

[Other factors]

For some reason it saved file 1 and file 2 as powerpoints.  I have no
idea why.

[History]

This has cost me untold hours of re-formating time for all the talks I
do.

Can anyone explain how openoffice is *supposed* to work?

Thanks.  Sorry if this note is hard to follow, I am a bit frustrated.

--
Zot O'Connor

http://www.ZotConsulting.com
http://www.WhiteKnightHackers.com