[PLUG] LCD monitors and Usenet

Holger Stephan holger at selover.net
Mon Sep 29 21:51:01 UTC 2003

About a month ago I bought one of the noname 17" flatscreens at Fry's
for my mother-in-law. Worked right out-of-the box with RH9 (where it
needed the CD supplied drivers for Windows 2000). However, the picture
was so blurry that I exchanged it against a Phillips that was on sale
that day. She's happy with that one now.

The problem with Fry's is that they use splitters to feed several
monitors from one computer. That prevents the customer from evaluating
the quality of the picture.

BTW, I have yet to see a reasonable priced LCD that properly displays
gray shades. Does that exist?

Holger