[PLUG] Re: Dialup internet access

Keith Morse kgmorse at mpcu.com
Tue Sep 30 23:11:01 UTC 2003

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:

> Galen, Paul;
>
> Thanks for the reminder.  I'll look at it again but the last time, two
> years ago, it was a pain.  Not sure if that was a RedHat-isms or some
> basic problems with WvDial.
>    I'll probably have to get back into this so I can help users or at
> least write a guide for them.
>
> I love my DSL!
>

> Rod

I found this link on www.rpmfind.net and is a link to a relatively new
version of SUSE (I think).

ftp://216.254.0.38/linux/SuSE-Linux/i386/8.2/suse/src/diald-1.0-187.src.rpm

This is a binary version also.

The interface it used was, IIRC, ethertap.  You could manage more that
just ppp links.  And I liked the diald-ctl tool to monitor the link in
real time.  Truely a shame it is not being developed anymore.