[PLUG] how to remove usb

Mike De La Mater mikedela at theplatinumrule.com
Tue Sep 30 23:26:01 UTC 2003

RH 7.1, I want usb support out. This server will never need it.

This is in the dmesg:
usb.c: registered new driver usbdevfs
usb.c: registered new driver hub
usb-uhci.c: $Revision: 1.251 $ time 20:53:29 Apr  8 2001
usb-uhci.c: High bandwidth mode enabled
PCI: Found IRQ 12 for device 00:04.2
usb-uhci.c: USB UHCI at I/O 0xd400, IRQ 12
usb-uhci.c: Detected 2 ports
usb.c: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1
hub.c: USB hub found
hub.c: 2 ports detected

I cannot find any package, man file or anything that has anything to do with
these. It looks like I could remove all of the usb devices from /dev and the init
script would not load it, but that seems crude.

Any other suggestions?

Mike De La Mater
Small business networks and technology consulting
503-702-6749
mikedela at ipns.com