[PLUG] OO.o crashing when help accessed

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Apr 5 07:17:02 UTC 2004

  I have come to believe that computers -- regardless of OS -- sense my
fiancee's dislike of them and go into attack mode just to be annoying and to
increase her frustration with them. Dogs also know when people are afraid of
them and become very dominant in response.

  In addition to the Sylpheed mail problem (which appears sporatically, but
infrequently enough that I forget where I hit it to get it working again),
there's the new issue of OpenOffice.org-1.1.0 shutting down when the Help
menu is accessed. I've not experienced this at all, has anyone? It happens
when we select "Help", then click on "Contents". There's a pause while the
ol' ThinkPad 600E considers the request, then only the desktop remains: OO.o
is gone.

  The last issue -- for now, at least -- is how to configure mozilla so she
can mail Web pages to others. I've looked at the mozilla help sections for
both Web browsing and mail/Usenet but see nothing on mailing a Web page (as
opposed to copying the URL to a mail message). Any ideas where I should look
for a HOWTO?

TIA,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)