[PLUG] KNOPPIX and the VT82C686

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Tue Apr 6 16:51:02 UTC 2004

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004, Robert Kopp wrote:
> The sound actually does work. I tried to use Gnomemeeting, which
> complained that there was no sound card, even though there was sound. If
> I want to use Gnomemeeting, at least the read-only version I have, it
> must need to be configured differently.

Check to make sure that the appropriate sound daemon knows which card to
use and if gnomemeeting has an output plug-in architecture, check to see
that the proper output plugin is selected.

This sort of problem comes up with newly installed XMMS and ESD systems
all the time.  The problem with Knoppix is that it's ALWAYS a newly
installed system and therefore has to do some pretty heavy magic to avoid
these problems.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin