[PLUG] Linux KVM problem

Derek Loree drl at drloree.com
Tue Apr 6 18:15:08 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 16:21, Mike De La Mater wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 16:07, Russell, Allen wrote:
> > So it is OK to unplug-replug a PS2 mouse while the machine is running??
>
> I'd always heard that the PS/2 interface was not designed for that, and
> that there was significant chance of hardware damage.

I've done this many times on several different chipsets and operating
systems, the worst that has happened is that the mouse stops working
until the system is restarted (you guessed it, winblows was the usual
loser).  Linux seems to be more resilient, but it could be because I
prefer to run gpm.

I've never fried a mouse or motherboard this way.

Good Luck,

Derek Loree