[PLUG] Knoppix and Realplayer?

Robert Kopp iconoklastic at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 6 22:38:02 UTC 2004

This is an application I haven't figured out how to
install with a read-only filesystem. Others come to
mind, however. (I couldn't believe that Knoppix even
has Apache, but typing http://localhost in the address
field overcame my skepticism.)

Presumably I should install it on the hard disk, which
would overcome these problems. (The version I am using
has a Russian interface, so they've already done the
work.) Knoppix is said to have the merits of Debian,
and the latter is a bitch to install, from what I've
heard. Joseph Cheek, writing for a now-defunct
computer magazine, said so.

=====
Robert "Tim" Kopp
http://analytic.tripod.com/