[PLUG] Attachments not received

Chris Penwell romanmir at comcast.net
Fri Apr 9 12:17:02 UTC 2004

	Generally speaking, (Unless I just had one of the Good Brownies..)
if an attachment is not received, it's because:

	A: the receiving mail server strips it out, (unusual with .pdf and
.zip; though given the nature of the last round of Windows viruses, more and
more are stripping out .zip attachments)
-or-
	B: the recipient is using either Outlook or Outlook Express, in
which case the aforementioned email client is making the call to hide the
attachment.

If it's A, then you may need to rename the file in order for it to go
through.
If it's B, then either they need to turn off that mail hiding capacity (and
most likely exposing themselves to malware,) or (if they are using
Exchange,) see if that attachment type can be ignored.

I've run into situations here at work where AOL strips out .pdf and leaves
.exe alone..

Bass Ackwards If you ask me but whatever.. Just makes it more inconvenient
for me.

Anyhoo, anybody else got any ideas?
Chris Penwell