[PLUG] Comcast outage?

Mike Neal miken at hotsushi.com
Fri Apr 9 12:51:01 UTC 2004

Hi,

Of course it was a classic case of user alienates tech support.  When she
said reboot or power cycle the cable modem or whatever, Mr. Smarty Pants
said"I've tried that"  and when she asked me to read the network settings I
asked how that mattered if the modem had no connectivity to the
Internet.  That's when she said "it's just out all over Portland" and the
call ended.

Called back 4 hours later and let the new tech know how smart he is and how
nice it is to have such great support and then it was "Here is a work order
#.  We can come by at 8 tomorrow morning."

Cheers,
Mike