[PLUG] character encoding troubles

Matt Alexander m at phxlinux.org
Fri Apr 9 16:44:02 UTC 2004

I have a web-based program that uses Perl as a front-end to a SQLite db.
The original text file was in utf8 and was imported into SQLite.  When I
view things in Mozilla on Linux, everything looks great.  When I move the
SQLite file to a Windows box then certain characters in IE and Mozilla
(accented e and accented i, for example) become some other bizarre
character.  I'm guessing this has to do with the characters not being
interpreted as utf8, but as some other character set instead...

Any suggestions on how to fix this or where to begin hunting for a
solution?
Thanks,
~M