[PLUG] (no subject)

ckenshol at comcast.net ckenshol at comcast.net
Sun Apr 11 18:51:02 UTC 2004

> On Sunday 11 April 2004 04:25 pm, ckenshol at comcast.net wrote:
> It looks like you didn't enter a hostname when you set up your networking. I
> installed 9.1 (i think,) on a friend of mine's machine, and it did the same
> thing.. kinda irritating..

No that's not the case.  I even tried to reinstall the OS in case I did something wrong.  /etc/hosts shows correctly, and I made sure that I did the networking correct.
> > Anyone else tried "Community"?  What are your thoughts?
>
> Well, I'll definitely be glad when 10.0 public release comes out. Nothing too
> glaring was wrong with it, (either that, or I've gotten used to it already.)
> I think the biggest thing that I don't like about 10.0 CR is that the XFree86
> version that I have doesn't support my Nvidia graphics card that 9.2 did..
> That. I think, is it's biggest strike against it. 'Course, if you are setting

> up servers that should be the least of your worries..
>
> Anyway, I hope that helps.
>
> Chris

What I didn't like ist hat LSB isn't compatible with the 2.6 kernal.  Not a Mandrake issue though.  I didn't know that was the case.

I'm currently downloading 9.2 and will try to use that since I have an assignment due for my Computer Science class in a few days and need gcc.