[PLUG] Strange df output

Matt Alexander m at phxlinux.org
Mon Apr 12 07:54:02 UTC 2004

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004, Jeme A Brelin wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Apr 2004, Matt Alexander wrote:
> > Yep.  All is well now.  I upgraded to 2.4.25 and df functions as it
> > should.
>
> Do you still get the errors from hdparm?

Nope, no more errors.  It's interesting that with the 2.2 kernel, I could
get a huge disk speed increase by playing with the hdparm settings, such
as:

hdparm -X69 -d1 -u1 -m16 -c3 /dev/hda

But after going to 2.4, this apparently makes no difference.  The
following command gives identical results:

hdparm -Tt /dev/hda

> Oh, and you might want to remove the ipchains packages and make sure
> iptables is installed... they're not removed with the 2.2 kernel is
> removed.  (This is Debian, right?)

Yep, Debian.  Thanks for the reminder.  I've removed ipchains.
~M