[PLUG] WiFi set up pointers needed

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Apr 13 15:10:02 UTC 2004

  Spelunking through the depths of my notebook I discovered
/etc/pcmcia/wlan* and /lib/modules/pcmcia/etc/wlan/*. Hence, I think that I
have already available the drivers and "stuff" for my 3Com WiFi card. I
could, of course, post here the names and/or contents of the files I have.

  But, what I also need is a HOWTO I can read to learn what I need do for
MIB setups and all the other items that I need to know, configure and
manipulate in order to wirelessly connect when I'm in the vicinity of a
public access point.

  Not having such an access point here I don't know what to set up, how to
set it up, or tell whether or not the connection would work when available.
What's the best doc for me to start reading?

TIA,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>