[PLUG] smtp with sender subscription...

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Tue Apr 13 21:19:02 UTC 2004

Michael Robinson wrote:

> Not that kind of cost.  Think about network load instead.  If I'm
> saying no the same sender
> address n times that starts to cost too.

Thats not the way DNS works. DNS looks the address up once, and then
it's cached until the ttl runs out. Then it looks it up again. If it's
still there, it caches it again. Very minimal cost if you ask me.

And from my experience, it works very well. I received 25 spam messages
marked as such and appropriately filed by procmail. I received one
(count em, one) false negative, which I moved to my spamscan folder so
my copy of spamassassin can learn to block that one too.

An aside here. Spamassassin is also caching the virii for me, since I
threw those in the spamscan folder too.

--
Russ Johnson
Dimension 7/Stargate Online

Top post? http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

Random thought #3 (Collect all 24)
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein